Find us on FacebookFollow us on Twitter

Qualifications and Training

In Saskatchewan, physiotherapists are licensed or registered to practice by the Saskatchewan College of Physical Therapists. Most therapists entering the profession are required to successfully complete the Physiotherapy Competency Examination (PCE). 

Internationally educated applicants are required to complete The Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulator’s Credentialing process before taking the PCE.

The basic educational qualification of a Canadian physiotherapist is currently in the process of changing from a baccalaureate program to an entry-level Masters degree program. Within the next year, it is anticipated that all physiotherapy education programs in Canada will offer a Masters program. 

The School of Physical Therapy, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan accepts forty students into the entry-level Master's degree program each year. Five of the 40 available positions in the program are designated to the Education Equity Program for Aboriginal Students.

Canadian Universities Outside Of Saskatchewan
The following Canadian Universities offer programs in physiotherapy outside of Saskatchewan: